The experts at AFI-LLC have experience in all of the following death and serious bodily injury cases. These may include civil, criminal and probate litigation or simply answers and closure for the family.
- Victims of homicide or suspected homicide.
- Victims of suicide or suspected suicide.
- Persons dead on arrival at medical care facility.
- Victims of accidental death or suspected accidental death.
- Persons dying due to vehicular accidents (auto, motorcycle, boat, etc.).
- Infant deaths and specifically “crib deaths” (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome).
- Cases of overt or suspected child abuse.
- Cases of overt or suspected elder abuse.
- Persons dying in aircraft accidents.
- Patients that die within 24 hours of admission to any medical care facility.
- Cases in which a physician is not in attendance, or when, though in attendance, the physician is unable to certify the cause of death.
- Cases where the decedent has not been seen by a physician within forty-five (45) days of death.
- Deaths of unexplained causes, suspicious circumstances, or if the death was the result of traumatic means.
- Deaths occurring while the decedent is in police custody or during transport.
- Cases of recovery of skeletal remains.
- Cases wherein there is such postmortem decomposition that a sufficient investigation and external examination to rule out injuries cannot be made and where the circumstances of the death do not enable one to rule out other than natural means.
- Industrial or employment accidents.
- Death by poison or suspicion of poison.
- Cases where the victim dies suddenly when in apparent good health.
- Deaths associated with diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.
- Any patient has sustained an injury (fracture, fall, concussion, etc) prior to or during a medical care facility admission.
- Exhumations (disinterment) performed for the purpose of establishing the cause of death or clearing up a question relating to the cause of death.
Associates in Forensic Investigations, LLC will provide a no-fee initial consultation to review your case. We may provide a no –fee review of the circumstances to determine if we can accept your case. We provide services to private investigators, attorneys, insurance companies and families. To begin finding answers today – call now.